I dismantled my multitouch table a few months back. Absolutely gutted to have to do it, but between work and other projects I simply haven't the time to dedicate to it. Oh well, it was good fun playing with it and I learned a lot. The only thing I've got to do now is figure out what I can do ...
24 Hours and 3 Minutes!
After happening across the P5Sunflow library for Processing, I just had to put together a sketch that used it. Since I've been playing with the Phys2D library recently, I figured a nice little physics simulation would be the most appropriate direction for a test sketch. A bad day at the box factory. from jrc313 on Vimeo As the title suggests, ...
Compliant Surface - FAIL!
I got all excited when I removed the acrylic from it's temporary home while the compliant surface was curing. I was all prepared to see wonderfully bright blobs as a dragged my fingers across the acrylic. All prepared to start experimenting with this exciting new interface. Sadly, my hopes were crushed. While the silicone layer appears ultra smooth with no ...
Applying a compliant surface
Got some transparent liquid silicone rubber compound last week and poured it onto the acrylic to act as a compliant surface to help the blobs show up without requiring significant amounts of force. The silicone is supposed to be cured at 23°C for 7 days, so it's been in a box in the spare bedroom since Sunday with the heating ...
Let there be light!
The next job was to add the IR LEDs, acrylic and mount the IR camera underneath. I'd already soldered a series of LEDs to some breadboard, but was having difficulty mounting them into the holes in the U rail as they weren't all perfectly straight. So, I ended up using connector blocks instead. The U rail is fixed in place ...
- Newer Entries
- 3 of 5
- Older Entries